Monday, July 26, 2010

Overwhelmed...

So, Sunday was our 9th wedding anniversary.  Shane came home with an Intelligender test.  The concept is that you pee in a cup and it mixes with chemicals that tell you if you're having a boy or a girl.  Supposed to be over 90% accurate.  We thought it would be cute, and funny.  HA!

I took it, and set it on the edge of the sink.  Waited 10 min. as directed, and lo and behold, it said GIRL!  I was excited!  Then, it fell off the edge of the sink and into the sink, and when I picked it up, the color was the "boy" color.  I thought about the fact that it sad shaking could mess up the results and not to shake, but swirl.  SO then I thought maybe I hadn't "swirled" enough, and it WAS a boy.   The fun ended up being not so fun, lol!

Shane and I talked about it a few times, and we decided that we would go ahead and find out today, at my ultrasound.  In other ultrasound news, the tech could not get all the brain and heart readings she wanted to, due to a fibroid that was blocking good view.  she said not to worry, that they'll retest and everything is probably fine.

A minute later, she showed us a leg bone, and then she pointed out two lines, and said "see these?  It's a Girl!"  No doubt, a girl!"  I cried.  Right there on the table.  This is one of the happiest moments of my life and I cried like a baby, lol!  I have so much I want to say to her, so much I want to teach her.  I want her to be strong, and never be a victim...I just pray I can teach her that. I'll be honest, I am scared out of my mind!!

I start back to work tomorrow, which SUCKS.  Not happy about that at all.  But, it does mean that the baby looks good, which I am very thankful for.

I drove home tonight from a dinner out with friends and sang to my little baby girl.  Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment